The beginning of Tognana’s family industrial activity dates back to 1775, in the brick sector. The current ceramic ware company was inaugurated in 1946, passing in a short time from majolica to porcelain, manufactured using traditional firing, sinterization and vitrification methods. The company quickly became one of the major domestic producers of high quality porcelain dishes and its reputation further improved with the fusion with New Fontebasso S.p.A. in 1989.
Operating in the Group since 1976, the latter was the continuation, after a sequence of events, of the glorious Andrea Fontebasso S.p.A Ceramic Society, in operation since 1760 in the production of ceramic ware and, later, of fine porcelain.
A partnership with the Morosi Family began in 1998, culminating in the purchase of the whole property in 2000 and set about relaunching the brand. Today the Tognana brand has become the undisputable market leader in the manufacture of ceramic ware.
By relaunching this prestigious brand the Tognana group achieves international fame and offers a range of top-performing and top-quality products to increasingly more demanding and knowledgeable consumers. Ceramic ware with elegant shapes and decorations in a classic style in which handicraft tradition meets innovation, connected to both technological research and distribution logics.
Tognana’s distribution strategy comprises various channels: from 1000 retail stores to 600 wholesale stores, including the HO.RE.CA. sector to which the company has dedicated a specific catalogue that includes more than 1600 references.
In addition to generating 70% of its total turnover in Italy, Tognana is also active abroad, in particular in the Balkan area of Europe and in the U.S.A.
Investments made in recent years have transformed Tognana into an important manufacturing company and a well-established international brand that sells over 25 million items per year, to the extent of doubling its turnover, equal to 43 million Euro in 2015, in the past five years.
The company’s headquarters in Casier (Treviso) were established in 1966 and have benefited from major investments since 2000, in particular for as much as regards the modernisation and automation of production processes.
Tognana’s headquarters comprise the company’s Management, Sales and Research & Development departments as well as its production plant, logistics facilities and a large, 14,000 square metre warehouse.